Today is my first day in Hewlett-Packard. Basically is on administration works. 2 hours of induction course in the morning. The very first impression is that everything is so “E” (Electronic). Every administration work, including selecting the bank to debit our monthly salary, electronic pay slip and a lot more, have to do so via HP portal. All the information is just stored in the portal. Of course this is very true since it is an IT company.
Sook Han, my direct supervisor buy our team a lunch at The Curve. All of us have a pleasant lunch and nice chat among us. I spend my afternoon setting up my computer, find ways to format it. As I said, everything in HP is very “E” and very “DIY”. However, I have other colleague to help me out if I need their help.
Later in the afternoon, Sook Han personally introduce the group structure and my job scope, as well as the expectation she had on me. There is a lot of information that I need to cope in this coming 2 weeks. I need to set goals and objectives for myself. Most importantly, Sook Han wants me to get a Professional Certificate in Project Management so that I can have a better foundation and it will help me to move up. I will probably start doing that course after my 6 months probation period. I don’t mind doing it at all. As I really wish I can perform myself and culture my interest in this area.
I went to a movie after work. Ratatoiulle. It is a very cute animation movie. If you have seen it, yes, for sure I like the story line a lot. As it is dealing with food. Remember during the weekend, my brother asked me whether I have seen that movie. He urged me to watch it. This is a line that I remembered, “Everyone can cook, but fearless makes the great”. It is really true not only that it applies to cooking, it do apply to everything.
6 comments:
great update. well done on your first day! btw i like this kind of updates (e.g. in english). still not able to read ur non-english entries yet keke (but for my lack of being able to read chinese, aarrgghh)
I had a hard time in goal setting! Good luck. I am just not good at this.
Teck Jin,
I will tend to write better in mandarin when i want to describe the food i ate. Never mind, you can always look at the photos. If u like it, i will bring u to eat.
Chloe,
I had a hard time in goal setting too. I have to try best to do it this time as i am given a chance.
Actually what are you doig there?
Anyway, I am happy for you getting excited about this new job.
tried several times and i can leave my msg finally.
Chloe,
I am in charge of managing all the projects approving process in the technology solution group in HP. Access the bid approval, gathering info from all the biz units, chairing the meeting... etc
Bon831,
Glad that you finally find the way to leave a comment in my blog : )
Post a Comment