Thursday, August 2, 2007

Gym

Feel good and tired. I have spent 2.5 hours in the gym today. It is good that I did not feel any pain at my back.

I observed a lot of things in Fitness First (“FF”) and try to compare to the gym I used to visit while I am in Beijing. I was thinking, why the dressing floor in BJ gym is always wet where FF is dry? Just to share with my close friends. This is because the ladies in BJ do not dry their body and walk out naked from the shower room to the dressing room. They dry their body in the dressing room. They chat and apply body lotion, walking around, blow their hair and do their make-up in a naked body like nobody business. I still remember, one day there was this old lady talking to another lady about a kind of fan dancing. To my surprise, she start demonstrating the dance to her friend…..yes, she is naked. It is rather disgusting. May be, me as a Malaysian is a very conservative in showing my body in the public. Somehow it is our upbringing. Feel very comfortable in my own country’s gym. If we need to change, we will do it in the changing room, toilet or facing our own locker.

We advocated privacy.

No comments: