All the while I thought a baby takes few hours or days before she open her eyes. To my surprise, Jayme opened her eyes widely as soon as the doctor cut her umbilical cord. My brother took down the video clip when she was out. Jayme starts looking at her mother when she was carried to her mother. Slowly, she turns her eyes to left and look at her father. It was so amazing.
I took half day leave and can’t wait to welcome my niece to our family. When I reached hospital, Julie and my brother were still in the labour ward. I slowly walked into the labour ward afraid that the environment will scared me off. But it was just like a normal ward with additional equipments in the room. Jayme was in the nursery when I reached the hospital. My brother took me and my sister to the nursery. We were only allowed to watch the baby outside the nursery. It is to ensure the safety of the rest of the babies. She is really cute. She has been non-stop crying. Nurse told us that she was hungry. After the nurse changed her diaper, Jayme was pushed to the labour ward.
First touch of Jayme was great. Her skin is so soft and smooth. I spent the whole afternoon, taking photos and looking at Jayme. I got a chance to carry her as well. My mom arrived slightly later as she needs to cook some food for Julie. Everyone was really glad that Julie and Jayme were safe and the whole process from contraction, dilating and delivering was fast and smooth.
I think Jayme looks more like my brother...
2 comments:
she is beautiful!
and you look "a bit" like the nurse in that photo!! OMG~~
Post a Comment