Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pretty Lady

Today in the office, someone I don’t really know called me, “Hi, pretty lady!”. I smile to him. The very next thing come into my mind is analysing this statement, is this a compliment?

I am quite sure “pretty” is a compliment. But I am not too sure about “lady”. I notice people no longer said “Hi, pretty girl” instead they said “Hi, pretty lady”. Does it mean I am getting older and I look mature, so I deserve to call as lady instead of girl? I am trying to find the root cause of turning from girl to lady. My dressing? My make up? My hair? Hmmm….. may be I should restyle my hair and straighten it. May be I will look younger after that. Let me think about it.

2 comments:

siewche said...

Hahaha, just admit it, my dear lady! Another 10 years, you will hear, hi, pretty aunty... oppssss

Grace Lee said...

i talk to my Jessica about this today. She said, Pretty lady and better than Pretty Women. so is alright.... : )